I want to change the priority of a request to ban a group of people. How can I do this?1.JPG
Edit the issue and change the priority. If you can't do that, then your administrators have removed the priority from the screens and you'll need to get them to add it back so you can amend it.
Well you could use the JIRA field security plugin. There you can give permissions on field level.
Or remove the priority from the edit screen. Add some circular transitions (from status A to status A) with a screen that has the priority field. Add to those transitions a condition that only certian Roles or Groups can execute this transition. This way you can also restrict changeing the priority.
I'm stupid, I do not understand you. Can be more?
Udo is describing how to protect the "priority" field so that only certain groups can edit the contents.
My reading of the question is different - it sounded like you had an issue for banning people that needed the priority updated, so I suggested editing the issue.
I'm not sure what is wrong with Udo's answer - could you explain what you are trying to do in more detail please?
I guess you mean the part with the workflow.
So you have a workflow (Open ->In Progress -> Done). First you remove priority from the edit screen. That means no one can change the priority after the creation of an issue.
Now since you and some other will say, well this issue isn't High Priority but nomal, you wan't to change the priority. Now you need a way to do this. So you add two transitions (call it "Change Priority") from Open to Open and In Progress to In Progress. Make sure a screen with the priority field ist used in those transitions. Finally, since not all people in your Project should use this transitions, add a condition (User in Role, or User in Group).
Now if you are in that role or group to see that transition button. You can Click on "Change Priority", the transition screen with priority shows up, you can change the priority, and the status has not changed.
I hope I made it clear enough now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.