When I click on "Comment" but present under Activity section, I am not getting the Comment box to put my comments. I have also attached the screenshot for your reference. Even I am the JIRA administrator and also the project admin. Please help guys.
Have you tried a different browser? And are you using any browser extensions? This looks like a browser rendering issue rather than a permissions issue.
Hi Darapu,
The first thing I'd check is the permission scheme used for the project you're working in.
Even if you're a JIRA administrator and Project admin, unless you (individually or as part of a group or project role) are assigned the permission "Add Comments" you won't be able to add a comment.
If that's not the cause of the problem we can have a look at other possibilities.
Hello,
We have the exact same problem.
Until now we have not found a solution, it just comes and goes away randomly, but we found that disabling Scriptrunner makes commeting available. So currently we have an issue opened with their support.
We discovered this by going into safe mode in JIRA and disabling / enabling add-ons.
If you have a solution for this, please post it, because we have for about 2/3 months.
Thank you!
I have the same problem.
In my case, it happening only for the users who are in the group jira-administrators.
And only for a specific project.
I tried disabling ScriptRunner but still, the error was there.
In the logs nothing is showing.
Somebody can help me?
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.