Hello AA
Presently we have JIRA 4.2.4 version which is installed on a Windows 2003 box, as per validation strategy I have installed JIRA 5 on my DEV box to test and if things look good i will install JIRA 5 on a new 2008 box make it production - retire 4.2.4 box. Now I want to see production similar data in my JIRA 5 box, I have read some of the documents available and listed the steps which I have to take to see Production similar data in my DEV box.
Kindly review the same and let me know if my approach is correct or needs any corrections,
1) Login to Administration Tab of JIRA 4.2.4 Production server and click on “Backup Data to XML” and backup as PROD_BACKUP.zip of the available data.
2) Login to JIRA 4.2.4 Production server and take the backup of attachments folder “<Jira Install Directory>\data\attachments”
3) Login to JIRA 5 server and place the PROD_BACKUP.zip file to “D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import” and attachments to “D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import\attachments”
4) Login to Administration Tab of JIRA 5 Dev instance and click on ‘Project Import’ under System tab and import the projects.