I'm a new Jira admistator, and I have experiece as a software developer using Agile methods. I see how valuable the Atlassian suite is to the Agile software development process.
However it seems that as an administrator of Atlassian tools, there is not a way to use this same process. I would like to be able to create a project in Jira and check it in to a repository. Then when a user asks for a new screen, or custom field, or workflow, I create a branch and work on it on a development Jira server, create a solution, propose the solution to the customer, they approve or reject. Once approved, the changes are merged and committed, and pushed to the production environment. And if there are several adminstrators, we can work concurrently on our changes and merge them at some point.
Has anyone created such an environment?
--
Charles