I'd like to be able to set the sprint for an issue automatically.
You can simply do this with the 'Edit issue' action. All you need to do is to add the Sprint field and then select from the available options!
@andreas we worked with weekly sprints.
Any thoughts to do this automation based on the "active sprint"?
Also other projects works withs sprints too, so I'm not sure if +1 will work given Jira might add sequentially sprint ID for any project.
Thanks
Hey @Sebastián Delmastro,
This has actually gotten much easier in recent versions. I edited my original answer above. You can now just add the Sprint field to the simple form and pick from the options there!
Cheers, Andreas
Thanks @andreas didn't realize you added this feature. Nice work!
I have tried, but not possible to add to current sprint. Next sprint is no problem. But I would like to add the issue to current sprint when commenting on an issue.
@[deleted]maybe you want to check permissions for active sprints. I have this rule that works with no problem on my Jira config (cloud) with the WebApp project.
@andreas how can I configure Jira Automation to auto pick the most recent active sprint?
In my case, every sprint is planned for 4 weeks and 4th week I have 2 active sprints.
If "Sprint 1" is an active sprint, "Sprint 2" starts by end of 3rd week of "Sprint 1" and "Sprint 3" starts by the end of 3rd week of "Sprint 2".
I am expecting the Jira automation to assign the sprint to the most recent active sprint. (If I pick the next sprint it will not work as I have already started the sprint)
Hello, on my side I can set the rule to get the Sprint to 'Active Sprint (<myBoard>)', but in the logs it does display :
I don' t know why the value itself cannot be seen by Automation? I have permissions everywhere, and the rule Actor as well.
Note: I also remarked that behind the scene, our Sprints were actually managed by a complex greenhopper mecanism, filling the customfield_10005 :
I have the same issue.
Any solution?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.