I start using Adatpavist ScriptRunner for JIRA and I have to install some software
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/DevEnvironment.html
Do I have to instal them in the server or in my computer?
Thank you
It's generally a good idea to develop on a local system, then when you've got your scripts right, promote them over to your test and live server.
The basic installations listed in the article are all to go on the machine on which you are going to be doing the development.
We have bought the starter kid with 10 users and I am trying to make a proof of concept. The machine on which you are going to be doing the development (and as the instructions installed Git, IntelliJ Community Edition, Atlassian Plugin SDK and Java SE Development Kit 8 (JDK 8)) must be my pc or the server I had installed the jira?
On your PC
So there's no way to do add/create a test or dev environment within an existing environment, so that all of the project types, issue types, etc. are consistent?
I had found this link earlier today https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/training/tutorials/before-you-start, referencing how to create a test project whilst importing test content, but the screens don't look like mine do, so I was afraid to proceed. This tutorial says that it is based on Jira Service Management version 8.3.0, but since we're on Jira Cloud, we're at the latest version. I am not sure if that's why the options look different, but whereas in the tutorial it shows that the older version provided an option to create a new project with sample data, it does not appear to me that this options still exists in the current version. Does anyone know?
Please see comparison of screen shots here...
From above link (older v 8.3.0):
My Current Version:
Does anyone know if this functionality was deprecated in more recent releases since 8.3.0? My planned approach was going to be to create a test project and share the settings with an existing project so that I know I would be testing apples to apples. But, it does not appear that this is an option. Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.