I have three issue types that are very similar, however they have slighly different workflow needs. Two of the issue types have the same workflow but one status has a different workflow that essentially means we will move it from a backlog to a done state. I know I can create a separate workflow for this other type, and I did that, but it caused a problem. With this one status type, it can transition to one of the other types depending on a resourcing decision. Having a separate workflow means that we can't change from one type to a different type. Sharing the workflow between the three types means that each type will show some extra transitions which only apply to one type. We don't want to use for the other two types.
I am open to ideas. Any way to hide a transition only for a given type?