Hi all,
We run Confluence v5.9.1 and find that we have to regularly re-index for new content to appear.
If we do not do this, then it can be a while before we see the new content.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi Mike,
look at Administration -> Content Indexing -> Queue Contents
Is the queue empty? When was indexing started the last time?
Indexing should be processed every minute.
Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your reply.
QUEUE IS CURRENTLY IDLEQueued For Next Processing RunNumber of items in queue: 167Queue Contents (only first hundred shown)
Seems that the queue is not processing. Do you see errors in the logfile?
There's a troubleshooting page from Atlassian about rebuilding the index:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-rebuild-the-content-indexes-from-scratch-on-confluence-server-110035351.html
I will check the log file. I haven't worked with Confluence for long, it just falls under the remit of my new role at a new company.
Thanks for the link, I will check it out!
Thomas, do you know how long it will take for this work to be carried out?
We have just under 8500 items in our database.
I realise it may be a little ball park, it is just so that I have a rough estimate for downtime.
Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.