I'm administering a jira core v6.3.4 system with currently about 130 users. Our current user groups are splitted into jira-administrators and jira-users.
We recently go a request to enable agile features for a limited nb of users. I requested an evaluation license for jira software and it's all working fine. However, right now with this evaluation license, everyone has access to the agile features and there's no difference in the user groups definition, so I guess there will be something to modify in terms of user groups there in order to restrict access to agile features to specific users.
I read from here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/licensing-and-application-access-749382677.html) that I might need to define a new group "jira-software-user", however, before doing anything like this, I have questions:
1) How is that linked to the agile features and licenses? By naming convention? I read somewhere that I can see & define all that from the "Admin -> Manage applications" menu, but honestly, I can't find that menu anywhere (maybe that's because of jira v6.3.4 ...).
2) If I create a "jira-software-user" user group, do I need to also create a "jira-core-user" group and transfer all the users who do not need agile features from my existing "jira-user" group to the new one?
Frankly, the available documentation is pretty confusing on that topic, especially since we're running an "old" jira version and since jira switched to this Core/Software approach ...
Any help would be appreciated!