This is regarding https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/CFP/Search+Box.
I tried to add this to my left-navigation panel in Confluence version 6.
Went to Space tools -> Look and Feel -> Sidebar, Header & Footer and added the code {search-box}.
It does not render properly. I get the following error:
Isn't the macro supported in the left-nav? If it is supported, is the code block incorrect?
I could not get it to work in the sidebar, either, though I tried lots of variations. I finally opened a ticket with Adaptavist, I will let you know what they say.
Thank you!
I got a reply but not a satisfactory one as yet. Will keep you posted!
Is there a reason you want to use Adaptavists search box? If not you could use one of the built-in search macros for Confluence. You could try ...
{pagetreesearch:rootPage=Space Root Page Name}
or
{livesearch}
Hi all,
With the latest release of Content Formatting we've decided to remove the support for wiki markup since otherwise it would be hard to maintain both the new format and the wiki markup one.
The good news is that there is a workaround for it:
1 - Create a regular page in Confluence, let's call it "SearchBox"
2 - Edit that page and add a Search Box Macro
3 - Edit the sidebar and use {include:SPACE_KEY:SearchBox}
Let me know if it worked.
Regards,
Rafael
It worked for me! Thanks very much. I look forward to hearing whether it works for Nirdesha.
Yes, we started using the default one, which is good. Thanks!
Thank you! It works but we do not want to keep a separate page just with a search box. It has to be public nd therefore, is not a flawless solution, unfortunately.
We are now using the default search option and it works fine.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.