Hi all,
I successfully got Stash running as a console application and set it up to connect to a sql server db using integrated authentication. The next piece of the puzzle is to get it running as a windows service (I'm using 64bit Win2008R2). I followed the instructions, installed the 64 bit JDK, altered the tomcat exe & dll to use the 64 bit versions etc. but I can't get it to work.
The browser just seems to try to load and the tomcat.exe process on the server spins right up to 99% CPU usage.
An excerpt from the log file says this -
2013-03-15 14:59:41,991 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1] c.a.e.i.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event 'com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleDisabledEvent@4fa860ba' from the invoker 'SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.stash.internal.event.EventListenerRegistrar.onPluginModuleDisabled(com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleDisabledEvent), listener=com.atlassian.stash.internal.event.EventListenerRegistrar@2bc7005b}'.
java.lang.RuntimeException: PermGen space
I did some research into the PermGen exception and tried increasing the STASH_MAX_PERM_SIZE to 512m without luck. This is a brand new installation so it shouldn't need anything out of the ordinary however.
A side note that may or may not be relevant is that the JDK paths did not match what was in service.bat.
ie: if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\java.exe" goto noJavaHome
I needed to alter (all instances of) to
if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\jre7\bin\java.exe" goto noJavaHome
Any help is appreciated.
Greg