Hi.
I am using the REST API `PUT /rest/api/content/{contentId}`. To edit a page.However, I was unable to find an example on how to set the comment on the edit.
How can I do that?
I don't think you can do both an edit and set the comment in one call.
Sorry. I should have been more specific.
I mean the comment about what you changed.
This field when saving the chnages:
I've been looking through the source code for 5.8.8 and it seems that through rest is not possible. I can dig up the action itself if you are interested (you can POST to the action), but I am convinced that /rest/api/content/{contentId} won't do what you want to do.
Too bad.
It's frustrating that you could do that with SOAP (deprecated) but not with REST.
SOAP doc: Remote Confluence Methods: Management
updatePage(String token, Page page, PageUpdateOptions pageUpdateOptions)
Any updates on this?
Ok, it works with recent versions. For the update page request, add a "message" property to "version", like this:
"version": {"number": latest_page_version + 1, "message": "Your message goes in here"}
any updates?
thanks this is working (server edition)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.