Is there a way in the Confluebce search API to get back only the snippets of text from the document that matched the query? i.e. instead of the entire body (all the document) to get shorter text based on the match with the query terms?
Hi Shai,
While using the Confluence REST API seems to be more of a developer matter I'd like to point you to the new Developer Community that Atlassian recently launched.
To not leave you empty handed I think you can use the excerpt property of the response of your search query. This will give you an excerpt and mark the search term(s).
For example when I do a search with text~'collaboration' the API will return an excerpt like this:
@/partnering met Ad Sales Problems Observed Problems Observed Below is a list of the problems we",
As you can see the word collaboration is marked with and @.
You can choose the excerpt strategy using the excerpt request param as documented in the Confluence REST API Docs.
Best,
Maarten
Thanks! Appreciate the tip.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.