I asked this question some time ago but was unable to test it until now. This is Confluence 5.0
I built the macro as shown. It works perfectly well, but isn't appearing in the Macro Browser. In the macro editor, these settings are ticked or selected:
- Visible to all users in the Macro Browser
- Category = Navigation
- Macro icon = blank (is this necessary?)
Documentation url = a page in our wiki, written as a full url eg
http://mywiki.com/display/spacekey/wiki+page
- Macro Body Processing = rendered
I've had a dig through the documentation including this nice page: Including Information in your Macro for the Macro Browser but I don't see anything helpful there.
(Interestingly my original old macro that does the same thing also continues to work even though it has a red flag against it. It doesn't appear in the Macro Browser either. )
(Minor edit: fixed the documentation url)