This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing JIRA on Linux
I want to use curl to download the JIRA Linux installer (.bin) onto my server.
I cannot use the link invoked by the "download" button on page https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download/
Note that beginning JIRA 7, JIRA Core is plain old JIRA while JIRA Software is JIRA + JIRA Agile.
You can always get all the links from the Atlassian downloads page.
JIRA Core (Linux 32bit)
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-core-7.1.4-x32.bin
JIRA Core (Linux 64bit)
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-core-7.1.4-x64.bin
JIRA Software (Linux 32bit)
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-7.1.4-jira-7.1.4-x32.bin
JIRA Softare (Linux 64bit)
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-7.1.4-jira-7.1.4-x64.bin
Additional just incase...
JIRA Core (Windows)
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-core-7.1.4-x32.exe
JIRA Software (Windows)
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-7.1.4-jira-7.1.4-x32.exe
Here are my results trying to leverage the answer above
sudo -u root curl -O https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/post-dow nload?file=https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-7.1.4-jir a-7.1.4-x64.bin % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 100 17130 0 17130 0 0 46292 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 46297
This bin is 308 MB when I download from the browser which is not an option on the real Target platform
head atlassian-jira-software-7.1.4-jira-7.1.4-x64.bin <!doctype html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> <link href="https://plus.google.com/+atlassian" rel="publisher" /> <link rel="alternate" href="https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/post-download/" hreflang="en" /> <link rel="alternate" href="https://es.atlassian.com/software/jira/post-download/" hreflang="es" /> <link rel="alternate" href="https://de.atlassian.com/software/jira/post-download/" hreflang="de" /> <link rel="alternate" href="https://fr.atlassian.com/software/jira/post-download/" hreflang="fr" /> <link rel="alternate" href="https://ja.atlassian.com/software/jira/post-download/" hreflang="ja" /> [ec2-user@ip-10-100-8-26 tmp]$ <link href="https://plus.google.com/+atlassian" rel="publisher" />
Dollars for clues.
Please and thank you
Mark E. LLoyd
Clue: I don't think Atlassian actually tests their documentation or answers...
That is exactly what I was getting as well. I believe it is the first snippet for the HTML that brings up the web page that displays "Thanks for downloading JIRA Software" after which the HTML page initiates the download.
That approach works great if you are accessing the link using a browser on Linux.
But, "curl" is not a browser... I believe we need a URL that directly downloads the .bin itself.
just get the url in the 'file='
Thanks Gabrielle, that works.
use `wget` instead of curl
Does anyone know the filename for service desk download?
I use this command (on linux):
wget https://www.atlassian.com/software/servicedesk/downloads/atlassian-servicedesk-4.2.4-x64.bin
and I get back:
ERROR 403 Forbidden.
But I never provided any credentials for Jira or Confluence with the same setup and works great
Any ideas?
The template for the filename has changed a bit since this answer. For example, for the latest release, JIRA Software 8.13.6 the link that worked for me with `wget` (I didn't try `curl` but should be the same) is:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-8.13.6-x64.bin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.