If I had a filter that always dealt with the latest sprint, is there a way to eliminate my hard-coding the current sprint name?
Ex: Project = WA and Sprint = currentSprint() ?
Seems to do what I need, thanks!
NB - "Only available if you are using JIRA Agile 6.6" https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching+Functions#AdvancedSearchingFunctions-openSprints()
I believe this includes active and future sprints. Can you exclude future sprints?
Just realized you can use "sprint in openSprints() and sprint not in futureSprints()" to get only the current sprint
Yes. 'sprint in openSprints()' shows only active sprints. I'm not sure if the behavior changed, but this is very handy. This and the futureSprints() function cover most of my use cases.
project = REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_PROJECT_ID AND sprint in openSprints() AND status in (Open, "In Progress") ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC
I want a data field that indicates an issue's current sprint association. Right now the "sprint" field contains every sprint an issue has ever been associated with. This makes sense for long term reporting but it makes it difficult to see which sprint an issue is in right now. The currentSprint() and openSprint() don't provide that information.
Yay, this worked for me! thanks!
I need to see last 4 sprints. The function currentSprint() would help here if it existed. I don't see how openSprints() can help here, so the original question seems to be still relevant.
You can use closedSprints() to get at issues in past sprints. Not sure about limiting it to the last 4 though, maybe using updatedDate would get you close. Something like:
Sprint in closedSprints() AND updatedDate >= -8w
What about open sprints of current project or of a specific project (like openSprints(current project) )?
"sprint in openSprints()" never returns any issues returned by "sprint in futureSprints()".
So, your suggested JQL can be simplified to "sprint in openSprints()", as indicated by the accepted answer.
Completely agree, Joey, that this would be useful. Ideally, the team finishes all stories in one sprint, but that doesn't always happen.
currentSprint() not working for me
Error : Unable to find JQL function 'currentSprint()'.
a function called currentSprint() does not exist. OpenSprints() is what you are looking for.
yes
I keep getting the error 'An option provided by the function 'openSprints' for the field 'sprint' does not exist.'
We definitely have an active sprint with issues in it.
+1, this would be really useful for us. A distinction between sprint history and current sprint is really important, currently it's all rolled into one.
An open Sprint is any Sprint that is not in a close status. We have several open Sprints because we are Product Roadmapping. I need a search function that only returns the current "Active" sprint that has been "started" and that we are current working in. Open Sprints returns too many issues.
If you have multiple open Sprints in your Backlog for forecasting and you want to view only your active Sprint, this JQL works:
project = MIG AND Sprint in openSprints() AND sprint not in futureSprints() ORDER BY status DESC, issuetype
Are you using 'sprint in openSprints()' in the JQL search?
There seems to be a bit of confusion on the functionality of openSprint()
I think it's because the name suggests that it returns all sprints that are not closed whis includes future sprints. I was also confused by this.
This is NOT the case. From openSprint() documentation it clearly states: "Search for issues that are assigned to a sprint that was started, but has not yet been completed"
So in order to find tasks in the active sprint you only need to write "sprint in openSprints()" no need to exclude future sprints.
Remember: There can be many active sprints. Typically one per Scrum team. Hence you still need to include only the tasks that relates to your team.
I used Sprint in openSprints() AND Sprint not in futureSprints()
This is useful info for me. Thank you.
Please upvote useful comments, so others will see them.
for the current sprint use:
and sprint in(openSprints()) and sprint not in(futureSprints())
You can add one unique label, and combine the filter. eg. as below:
project = IHD AND labels = "Digitalabc" and Sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY Rank ASC
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.