This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing project permissions
How can I revert back my default scheme? I have changed it and now I do not remember the settings
Hello Paraskevas,
Did you overwrite the permission scheme?
I do not know if this is possible, but lemme know what's your project type and I'll send to you what is the default scheme.
A Workaround is:
Create a project to see what is the default.
You can't. The best you can do is download the evaluation version under a different name, maybe a personal email, install it and then review the defaults. This is one of the 'lessons learned'; never modify the default, create a new one and use it. This goes for pretty much all the schemes in my book.
Necro-posting because this thread still surfaces for the exact question, and Joe's answer is the core of the problem: there's genuinely no native way to see what a scheme looked like before you edited it, so "revert" isn't actually possible once the change is saved. The "spin up a fresh project/evaluation instance to see the current defaults" workaround also only gets you Atlassian's factory defaults — not your specific scheme's prior state, which may have already diverged from defaults before the mistake.
Joe's lesson (never modify the default, always clone and use a copy) is genuinely the best native mitigation available, and it's worth following as a policy. But it only helps going forward — it doesn't undo a change that already happened.
The only way to actually reconstruct a prior state after the fact is if something was capturing the scheme's configuration on a schedule before the change, so there's a version to diff against and restore from. Native Jira doesn't do this for permission schemes, which is why this exact question keeps resurfacing across a decade of threads here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.