How do I pre-populate LDAP users to Confluence?
It _seems_ based on what I've read that any valid external directory user can log in to Confluence, but I can't find this specific answer anywhere in the documentation. (edit) I found the setting "Copy User on First Login" and it is enabled, so any LDAP user can log in to our Confluence instance. However, our LDAP source has users as userIDs insead of useful names, so everything that comes across with the auto-add feature is useless. Ideally, I want to be able to pre-populate the user list with actual data when we hire a new employee instead of constantly checking and waiting for them to log in to confluence for the first time and then cleaning up the mess that the "Copy User on First Login" leaves.
Is there any trick to this?
This is extremely straightforward in JIRA where you have to explicitly add each user into JIRA and while adding each user you choose whether it is an internal directory user or external directory user. I keep expecting to see the same option in Confluence, but don't see it.