Am I missing something obvious? Just upgraded from Confluence 3.4 to 3.5.16.
The release notes show a picture of the code macro with ruby support. There's nothing in the upgrade notes that say you have to configure something differently.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+3.5+Release+Notes#Confluence35ReleaseNotes-EnhancedCodeMacro
But when we use {code:language=ruby} it fails with an error. I downloaded the SyntaxHighlighting plugin to get it working for ruby, but the release notes imply it's built in. I don't think I should have had to get a third party plugin to get it working.
Maybe you have an old version of code plugin installed. Search through your plugins for "code" and ensure only "Code Macro Plugin 1.9.10" is installed. Disable or uninstall anything else.
Ruby certainly works out of the box on our version of 3.5.16, but I vaguely recall having to get rid of the old "New Code" macro when we moved to 3.5.
Hmm. Code Macro Plugin 1.9.10 is installed and "newcode" was already disabled.
I'm marking your answer as correct because you're probably right ... it's probably something else interefering with it. Not losing sleep over it, because I did get it working by installing that separate plugin anyway.
Sorry, forgot to say thank you for responding so quickly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.