I have administrator permissions and would like to search who all have the system admin rights to access JIRA.
Also let me know how can we add or remove a user from this permission.
Hi,
look at the global permissions and there click "View Users" (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions)
I hope this answers your question. I'm not really sure, because the description doesn't fit the headline of your question...
Cheers
Thomas
Hi NNG,
The following document will tell you how to run SQL queries on your database to discover who are the users with system-administrator privileges and then hijack one of their accounts to get sysadmin access: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator
However, my suspicion is that you are restoring a backup from OnDemand and this is why you are unable to recoved the sysadmin priveleges. In this case I believe you will find that using the username/password combination of sysadmin/sysadmin will also allow you to login to your instance and recover system-administrator privileges.
All the best,John
I tried sysadmin/sysadmin but its not working. I am not able to run queries. So let me know how I can view these system admin users.
To recover admin rights, please follow the instructions given on the page John referred you to.
We can't tell you which approach is most appropriate because we don't really know what has gone wrong - you need to tell us what you have done (John took a guess that you're restoring an OnDemand backup - that's one thing it would be useful to know), what you've tried and what is and isn't working. E.g. can you log in at all?
could you please share an update?
I was having a on demand version earlier and got recently updated. I don’t have access to run SQL queries.
I just want to check who all have JIRA system admin rights as i need to remove some users from the group
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.