Hi guys!
I spent the last 24 hours trying to properly set up JIRA and Stash. First of all, if I only run JIRA or only run Stash everything works fine - as soon as I want to run both problems start to occur everywhere.
I read trough all the problems with running them on a single tomcat and so on but I never found the solution for my problem.
Let me describe my situation: I own a vServer which is running Debian 6 with 4GB of RAM and a non-dedicated amount of CPU power. As mentioned above, resources are not a problem, even when I am running both together I can hardly get over 50% load in general. On my system there is a JRE (openJDK) installed and I have multiple websites (apache2) running on it.
What I want to do now, is to install both, JIRA and Stash, side by side on this very system. I have JIRA and Stash running as seperate users (jira and stash) which results in two tomcat processes running as different users with differen PIDs. Furthermore, the CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE are set to the applications home directories (/var/jira-home and /var/stash-home).
Am I now running two different instances of tomcat or are they still in the same?
To fix the tomcat problem, I tried to make sure that both applications are not interfering with their ports. The only port which was the same in both applications was the redirectPort which is set to 8443. I tried to change it in the stash server.xml to 8444 which caused stash to not start up.
I hope someone can assist me with this rather complex topic (at least for me).
Thanks in advance,
Flo