Hi All
Okay... so it seems I am following the natural path of people using JIRA and have now reached the point where I need to copy data from one field to another in order to change the CF Type. In my case I want to take the selected value held in a CF Select list and move it to a CF number
I have spent a long time reading around the forums and I can see no definitive answer on how best to do this including an example.
I could do this semi-automatically using a transition and post function but this would be laborious as a transition would have to be added for every state; the copy done via a bulk transition and then the workflow put back to what it should be i.e. without the transition.
In my travels I did notice that JCli offeres the copyFieldValue method..but this applies to a single issue. I want to apply it to every project in the database.
Any offers on how to do this preferably with an example that I and subsequent people can use and modify in the future when they get this problem would be perfect
Many thanks
Nick
PS: Happy to be told I havent read the seminal thread where all is explained too... but I feel I have read half of Atlassian Answers today and not found what I am looking for!!