Following the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+Using+a+Rapid+Upgrade+Method
when executing the atlassian-jira-6.1.4.bin file:
1) I choose Upgrade existing Jira installation
2) It finds the correct Jira install directory
3) I type 'y' to backup Jira Home Directory
However, when "checking for local modifications" I get the following error:
List of modifications made within JIRA directories.
An error occurred:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Error log: /usr/local/atlassian/install4jError3236897897978096157.log
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.ensureCapacityInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.util.StringUtil.replaceVariable(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerVariables.replaceVariables(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.components.HtmlDisplay.getOrLoadText(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.components.HtmlDisplay.handleConsole(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.InfoScreen.handleConsole(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.headless.ConsoleScreenExecutor.handleScreen(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.headless.AbstractHeadlessScreenExecutor.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Finishing installation ...