In my public space I want to delete the comment section all together. Not just an individual comment but the whole block/section. Is this possible?
Hi there,
You could do this in two method depending on how many pages do you want to hide the comment section are. If you want the whole space to hide the comment section on that space's pages then you could do the following steps
<style> #comments-section { display:none; } </style>
If you want Confluence to hide the comment section only for a particular page, you could do the following steps
Hope it helps.
Cheers,Septa Cahyadiputra
David had a AJS javascript for manipulating the comment order, and you can tweak it and get rid of comments. Here is the link https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28999/is-it-possible-to-reverse-the-order-in-which-comments-appear
You will need to stuff this into the space template I assume to make it specific only for one space.
On just one page, or with in a whole space(multiple pages with multiple comments)?
Whats the tweak? I want to remove that whole comment section...So that no one would ever know it existed. I plan on creating another section and embed Disqus in it.
Primarily the whole space. But individual pages would be helpful.
Can't seem to get either to work
In the first set of instructions my stylesheet under "Look & Feel" is PDF Stylesheet and I put in there and nothing happened.
As for the second set of instructions it worked and will be good enough for what I am doing, but the section area is still seen it just has nothing in it. It would be nice if I could remove that alltogether.
Yup, basically the CSS could only hide it instead of removing the section. In regards to the stylesheet, please input it under the Space's stylesheet instead of PDF stylesheet.
Administering a Space
Thanks Septa, this is great!
Hi Neil,
You can use built in scripts from script runner plugin to bulk delete comments from one or more pages, you can also specify comment age or delete all. Hope this helps.
See this for more details: - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.5/confluence/builtin-scripts.html
Regards,
Priyanka Lavania
Did not work
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.