Hello,
Within our workflow I have defined some conditions/validation fields and post-functions to enable our Support Engineers to Assign tickets to our DBA team via a single workflow action e.g. they execute 'AssigntoDBA' workflow option which automatically changes the status of the Support ticket to 'AsnDBA' and the assignee of the ticket is automatically set to 'dbacore' (specific database team within our company).
This results in an email notification being issued to this email address 'dbacore@xyz.com' so the entire team is notified that a Support ticket now requires their attention.
This all works fine but our DBA team would like us to tweak the process so that we also automatically create a ticket in their JIRA tracking project 'dbarequest' so that they can track time they spend working on our Support tickets.
Please note that emailing 'dbarequest@xyz.com' results in a ticket being logged in the DBA tracking project so I'm trying to figure out how I can configure the workflow to automatically email 'dbarequest@xyz.com' when the 'AssigntoDBA' workflow option is exercised.
I'd really appreciate any input.
Many thanks
Mary