I am able to write an update which allows the the format of the PROJECT-###: <message> in commit and if it misses it throws oout the ERROR. Now I am looking to make sure the PROJECT-### is valid Jira issue number (as It takes any number which is not a valid number)
Need Help
You need to write a Git pre-commit hook for your repositories. Or if you are using Stash, write one for it.
I need the shell to validate the Jira ticket number. I have already written the hook with does take the format of the ticket but does not validate with Jira if the ticket exists or not.
Extend your script to make the call to JIRA then. If the response code is anything other and a 2xx or a 3xx, you know you've got a invalid issue key.
Commit Policy Plugin verifies not only the syntactical correctness of JIRA issue keys, but also check them against a JQL query!
See:
Edit Commit Policy.png
This is the relevant part of the documentation: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-commit-policy-plugin/documentation/#issue-in-jql-result-condition
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.