We are planning a large installation of Atlassian products at my customer's site. We have purchased JIRA, JIRA Agile, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye, and Stash. I'm confused about the installation and licensing process and can't seem to find a straightforward answer to these questions:
- We will be supporting a very large number of users - we have purchased 10,000+ user licenses. As a result, we want to install each product on their own separate servers so that each product will be installed on a dedicated server. But, I know that some of the tools (like JIRA and JIRA Agile) are very tightly integrated - in fact, as I understand it, JIRA Agile is really just an extension of JIRA itself. Does this mean the JIRA Agile bits MUST be installed on the same server as JIRA itself? Or can JIRA Agile be installed on a separate dedicated server?
- If the answer to #1 requires them to be installed on the same server, are any of the other Atlassian products this way? Can Fisheye, for example, be installed on its own dedicated server? What about Crucible, Confluence, and Stash?
- Does Atlassian licensing allow us to install these Atlassian products on virtualized servers? I know this configuration is not technically supported in all cases, but would it be a violation of the licensing agreement to install them on virtualized servers if we are willing to assume the technical risk?
Thanks for any assistance you can provide - I am new to Atlassian products.