Hi,
We are debating restructuring our VCS, coming from SVN with no code-review, to Stash/git with code review by module. I think I know how to structure it, but have a few general questions. I had planned on breaking our project down into ~10 sub-modules, and then assigning maintainers to each of them, who are responsible for code reviews.
The major issues I seem to forsee involve tying them all together. What is the best way to do this...? I could use Maven, but I was thinking of just using git-submodule to bring them together in one big repository.
The other major issue seems to be how to handle cross-module changes. If your change requires changes in both module A, and module B, in order to build, how would you do this? With a code-review process, it seems like there would always be a state where your main build breaks, because you would need to complete two seperate code reviews.
Are we approaching this the right way? Is there a better way to structure this?