Jira has a document outlining possible Failover solutions. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Failover+for+JIRA)
Is there one for confluence?
Clustering is not supported on Virtual Machines so this is not an option.
The Confluence server is running on a Virtual machine
Answered by Atlassian as part of a comment to a the first answer
"We do support clustered on a VM now. See update at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-19559?focusedCommentId=342271&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-342271
[...]" [Bill Arconati [Atlassian] [Atlassian]]
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+in+a+Virtualised+Environment
So using his answer I will anser this question that it ios supported and the documentation is "use clustering docs"
Hi,
You can setup Confluence for High Availability. See this document : https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=154633658.
Stéphane
Ok but what if I don't want to use clustering?
Rob
Got the following from Atlassians Automated BOT
My response to these are included as sub-bullets
Please consider one of the following actions:
So I am still left with a question unanswered.
Is there a suitable failover document similar to teh jira documentation (linked in teh question) that applies to Confluence running in a VM?????
This question has been brought to the attention of Atlassian, no answer yet
We do support clustered on a VM now. See update at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-19559?focusedCommentId=342271&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-342271
One thing to note is that clustering won't provide you with failover which I think is your intent. I'd be happy to talk more about your failover needs if you email me at bill at atlassian.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.