We recently purchased starter licenses for a number of Atlassian products. It is my understanding that doing Dragon Slayer quest is best/proper way to install all those products. We use Oracle 11gR2 server as a database server. To simplify installation process I asked our dba to create a single 'atlassiandb' user that I was planning to use for all these products. Everything went well until 'Dragons Stage 3' Step 2/Step 3.
I got to the point where Confluence wanted to connect to Jira. When I supplied my Jira admin login it complained that username/password was wrong. Confused by the situation, I tried to login to Jira only to be told the same thing. At that point I started looking through the Dragons Stage 3 Step 2 instructions and I noticed that skipped a bullet where I needed to edit confluence/conf/server.xml file. I updated that file and restarted both Jira and Confluence. However, I still can not login to Jira. I tried to perform Can't access your account? function, but got cursed out by a very long Oops - an error has occurred message(if need to, i can provide its full output).
Did I completely clubber my install and I must start from scratch or can I salvage this?