We just Upgraded to Jira 5.0 and can't get our installed plugins to work as we can't connect to the AMS from UPM
Is there a problem currently - we can't even ping that server.
Hi Simon,
I've just checked and I can currently reach it, although that doesn't mean that it wasn't temporarily unavailable the few minutes ago that you added this question but we haven't had any other reports of it being down at this time so I'd suggest that you try it again now and if you're still not able to ping it then check your network's connectivity for firewalls or other network components that might be blocking traffic.
All the best,John
Most likely a proxy issue... check your system properties from the previous installation.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/marketplace.atlassian.com/
Hi Jamie
Thanks for that - it appears that the upgrade has stopped acces from both the Dev instance and the Production instance, suggesting it's a server level issue. Does the upgrade change system proxy settings?
Is there any documentation as to what we need to have in place
I found this but I'm not sure it's relevant to our situation.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Configure+an+Outbound+HTTP+Proxy+for+JIRA
Thanks John.
Aper the above comment to Jame Echlin, we have not changed our dev instance but access to the AMP is blocked from there too. How can we correct this? Will we have to roll back?
The upgrade to 4.4 was done by people now departed so we are a bit stuck.
any suggestions?
Regards
Simon
I don't think an upgrade of the server side would do this - it's something in your network that is the problem.
My best guess is that your network might have been configured to allow outgoing connections from <program A> and now that you've upgraded it, the system doesn't recognise it as <program A> any more.
John's advice about network tracing is the best starting point - you need to check if the *server* can even reach the marketplace.
There is one other thing to look at. You haven't really said how you upgraded (new server, old server and clean install, install over the top of existing Jira etc). I ran into https connections to the marketplace a couple of times on a clean install - note that the marketplace is https, so you need to make sure your server has the right certificates for it. We left the required certificates out of the java keystore, so applications running Java couldn't connect to https sites, even though the server could. Getting the right certs in solved it.
Hi Nic
Thanks for your help
I just did a standard upgrade from 4.4 to 5.0. I can get to the marketplace directly when logged into the server, but not via the UPM.
I have an old version of the UPM (2.3), I was expecting to have to upgrade this, and greenhopper(5.8) once the JIRA upgrade was done. But as I can't access the Marketplace I'm a touch stuck.
I reckon this has to be something really simple. Where should I look for the network issue in the logs.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.