I have created a custom workflow + new screen + few custom fields on my test Jira environment. Exported this workflow, and tried to import in production Jira instance, but I see that only workflow is imported, not the related screens and custom fields in theat screen
Following are the details about my workflow:
Export procedure:
import procedure on another Jira instance:
I was under impression that if custom fields are included in screen which is attached to workflow transition, then it should be automatically included in workflow .jwb export. But it's not working, can anyone point me to solution?
Fields and screens are NOT part of the workflow. They are configured in Jira and then referred to (if needed) by the workflow.
I'm not sure where you got the impression that they are in the workflow from. You will need to create supporting screens and fields in the target Jira if you want to move a workflow from one system to another (without using a workflow bundle)
@Nic: take example of following workflow from marketplace- https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.workflow.bundles.recruitmentworkflow
when I import this workflow, along with states, it does import screens and custom fields. please find attached import screenshot as proof of this.
Sounds like you have used the standard export and not a Jira workflow bundle - that's what my answer was about.
I did use Jira workflow export, and not simple XML export. Exported file was with JWB extension.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.