I installed JIRA on my server, port 8080. domain.com:8080 worked, so I followed the instructions onhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apacheto make it available at jira.domain.com.
JIRA now is available at jira.domain.comBUT also on domain.com:8080
Disabling port 8080 via iptables -D INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 -j DROP also disables the functionality of jira.domain.com
iptables -D INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 -j DROP
Does anybody know how to solve this issue?
This comment solved my problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21160743/making-jira-only-available-at-subdomain-but-not-at-port-8080/21169669?noredirect=1#21169669
Hello,
You can configure JIRA to run on port 80, which will not require you to specify the port when loading JIRA on the browser.
For more details, check this doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+JIRA's+TCP+Ports
Furthermore, if running JIRA straight at this port is not feasible, then you can integrate JIRA with Apache and use it as a reverse proxy. More details at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache
Hi,
thanks for your answer.
I can't change the port to 80 because there's a webserver running on port 80 on the same system.
I integrated JIRA in Apache and used it as a reverse proxy.
My only problem is, that :8080 is still reachable, I just want to block access to domain.com:8080, but leave jira.domain.comavailable.
Have you added the proxyName and proxyPort properties in server.xml? It should redirect to those values even if the user accesses it on 8080.
I'm trying to describe my problem again:
Currently it is like this:
domain.com-> website opening
jira.domain.com-> JIRA opening
domain.com:8080 -> JIRA opening
But I want it to be like this:
domain.com:8080 -> nothing opening, just like the port is not used
How to achieve this?
Since the original answer seems to have been deleted from StackOverflow, here an archived version:
If Apache is acting as a Reverse Proxy, I think that allowing 8080 to localhost should be working :iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -s localhost --dport 8080 -j ACCEPTiptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -s localhost --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 -j DROP
(according to http://serverfault.com/questions/247176/iptables-only-allow-localhost-access)
Maybe you can block port 8080 to inward traffic using firewall?
Hi Simon, Can you please guide me on how to set up Jira to open at jira.mydomain.com?
My JIRA Is hosted on AWS EC2, and my top-level domain mydomain.com is hosted at AWS Route 53. I want to open Jira at Jira.mydomain.com.
Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Regards
Seemi
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.