Hi,
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question, the Rally docs send me to Stackoverflow (I've posted there) and the plugin docs send me to Answers.
I've been asked to look at configuring the Rally JIRA Connector to synchronise Rally with our JIRA instance and the installation instructions state that the user you create in JIRA has to be a JIRA Administrator. Why does it need admin permissions when all it appears to be doing is updating the RallyID and RallyURL custom fields for issues in the JIRA project(s) synching with Rally.
Are edit permissions for issues on the project not enough, or is it doing something else that requires admin privileges? I did remove the user from the jira-administrators group, but the connector checks for administrator privileges and halts if the user is not an admin.
If the user does not need admin privileges is it possible to alter/remove the check in the connector so that the user can be removed from the jira-administrators group and just be given the relevant permissions in JIRA?
Thanks,
Andrew.