I’m running Confluence 5.7.1 and Content Formatting 4.2.7 (free macros only). We upgraded from Confluence 5.6.3 on 2015-04-04, I’m not sure exactly when this problem first appeared, but it may have been after that upgrade.
I have a test page with macro calls on it that I use for testing. One day I noticed that the span macro on the page was no longer working. However, when I add a new span macro to the page, it works fine.
This is the storage format for the original span macro (added over a year ago):
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="span">
<ac:parameter ac:name="class">PMA_Class_Cancelled</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<p>This text is grey and crossed out</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>When I inspect element (Chrome 42.0.2311.135) I see this:
span macro previously added.png
You can see the macro body text is outside the span tags.
This is the storage format for the newly added span macro (added after 5.7.1 upgrade):
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="span">
<ac:parameter ac:name="class">PMA_Class_Cancelled</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<p>
<span>This text should also be grey and crossed out</span>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>And inspect element shows this:
span macro new.png
Here the macro body text is inside (two sets of) span tags.
So it looks like the required encoding changed at some point. Was there a migration task that I missed? Is there a way to fix all the pre-existing span macros in bulk?