I have Confluence 5.1.4 installed and running on a local Ubuntu server. Works great! Now I would like to setup the software for access through the Internet with a URL of wiki.domain_name.net. The Confluence documentation talks about specifically setting it up for www.domain.net/confluence.
After reading much of what is on this board, I am finding the information fragmented with some of it questioned. (which is good!) So I really do not know what information or avenue to pursue.
I have configured Apache for use with the domain of wiki.domain_name.net. I temporarily added an html page in the confluence folder with some simple text to ensure that the URL is indeed functional and viewable across the net. Its set.
So with that said and the limited amount of information I can find, I really could use some assistance. I cannot believe someone does not have some sort of a written procedure in their server installation notebook.
Regarding Apache, I have a conf file setup as follows but not sure how to get it to match up with Confluence or if it is even right for Confluence use.
wiki.net.conf has the following in the top part of the file:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@nwsoftware.com
ServerName wiki.domain_name.net
# ServerAlias www.domain_name.net domain_name.net
DocumentRoot /var/www/atlassian/confluence
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
again with index file I placed in the confluence folder I do get the page from the outside.
Can anyone give me any assistance and specifics for setting it up with the wiki.domain.net address?
Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Jack