I am working on a client site where they have an old version of confluence (functionality is fine does what they want it to) and newer version. V2.7 and V4.
Sometimes the users moan that the system is running slower than expected... it is running but there are some non-performing queries running on the database. The newer system is not seeing the issues so I did a schema comparison and aside from a few tabl;e differences that are for functionality purposes the major difference I can see are the ealier version is missing a lot of the indexes I would create on the MySQL (5.077) schema.
Question is this... will it cause irreperable harm to any potential update option if I were to add the indexes that I can see are 'missing', I can easily create the appropriate drop statements so that they could be removed if needed.
Interested to hear views.
Dom