Hello,Is there solution for transfer jira configuration schema to another Jira? We would like to transfer issue type scheme, workflow scheme, screen scheme, field scheme, notification scheme, permission scheme. Thanks!
I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment. All I know is that there is a plugin to copy workflows:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-workflow-sharing-plugin
I guess everybody would like to have the features you're describing... but it's not a simple as that. I mean you can't just copy a scheme with all the dependancies since you probably have different IDs in your target JIRA (Project ID, Scheme IDs issue type etc...)
Cheers
Christian
BTW, I posted a similar question a while back...
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/73346/jira-importers-plugin-but-not-for-jira-imports
Do a backup from one instance, restore to the other and delete all the projects (if your second instance is an empty one)
Yep.... we use this solution to transfer from production to test jira.... but we are looking solution to opposite transfer. Production-instance not empty.
There is a plugin called Project Configurator, that copies all elements in a project configuration (workflows, schemes, custom fields, screens, statuses,...) to an XML file and it is able to restore it later to another JIRA instance, regardless those configuration elements already exist in the new instance. It does not transfer data (issues or attachments), just the configuration.
(Disclaimer: I am a developer of this plugin)
I am currrently testing this plugin. the idea is great, but I think, it would be beneficial to enhance the plugins exception handling. For me it was crashing continuously during export due to missing users or groups that had still orphaned references to projects. I could only get it working by re-creating the missing groups or users. however, I have no use for them at all.
There have been frequent problems in some instances when exporting, when the plugin found users and groups that seemed to suffer from some inconsistency. In order to solve that problem, you can choose among several modes to export users and groups information. When you are about to export, select "Advanced Export" option and you will be taken to a page where you can select which group and user export mode you prefer. There is more information here. This should solve the problems with users or groups.
Bear in mind also, that any object (workflow, scheme, group, user, etc.) which is referenced by the project configuration will be exported, even if it is an indirect reference. For example, suppose the project has a role, which has some groups as members, and those groups contain users. This is necessary in order to make the exported file self contained.
If you still face any obstacle when using the plugin, do not hesitate to contact us again, either here or at our issue tracker, or any of the other support channels.
thanks for the info, José. Was not aware of the advanced settings
that seems to work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.