I have a production database running on SQL Server 2012 Confluence 5.2.5. I want to upgrade this to 5.7.1 on the test environment but before that I need to change the database collation to CS_AS from CI_AS. I have done this with scripts generated by collation tool from Total Soft Services (http://totalsoftservices.com/components/change-database-collation) I have restored the production database to the test, changed the collation, changed the connection string in confluence.cfg.xml to point to the test, and restarted the app. However, i get a few errors in the atlassian-confluence.log. The main points seem to be:
2015-03-11 12:03:45,804 WARN [main] [atlassian.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager]
getDatabaseBuildNumber Unable to determine build number from database.
If you are upgrading from a Confluence version prior to 2.3, this is expected: Invalid object name 'CONFVERSION'.
2015-03-11 12:03:45,913 ERROR [main] [sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] logExceptions Invalid object name 'BANDANA'.
2015-03-11 12:03:45,913 ERROR [main] [atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener]
contextInitialized Error initialising plugin manager: Hibernate operation: Could not execute query; bad SQL grammar []; nested exception
is java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name 'BANDANA'.
2015-03-11 12:03:45,944 ERROR [main] [sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] logExceptions Invalid object name 'INDEXQUEUEENTRIES'.
2015-03-11 12:03:45,960 ERROR [main] [atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher] run There was
an exception thrown trying to dispatch event 'com.atlassian.config.lifecycle.events.ApplicationStartedEvent@1e196a60'
from the invoker 'SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void
com.atlassian.confluence.search.lucene.queue.DatabaseIndexTaskQueue.flushIndexTaskQueue(com.atlassian.config.lifecycle.events.ApplicationStartedEvent),
listener=com.atlassian.confluence.search.lucene.queue.DatabaseIndexTaskQueue@26f30784}'.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute query; bad SQL grammar [];
nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name
'INDEXQUEUEENTRIES'.After which, Confluence stops, and the UI displays a 404. Can anyone help? The version has stayed the same. The things that have changed are the confluence.cfg.xml connection to the new db, and the collation (which is required for the upgrade past 5.5).