https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Adding+Custom+Fields+to+Email
I have tried the above on jira4.1, unfortunately it doesn't work. I am basically trying to add a text custom field which should be straight forward.
Hey,
you're referinc the same documentation as in this questions:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11836/adding-a-custom-field-to-email-but-custom-field-is-not-appearing-in-the-email
Does the answer help you?
Cheers Christian
Is anthing in the logs? If not, take a baby step first. See if you can get hard coded text in the email. Just add something like "HelloWorld", to the .vm file and see if you can get that sent out. If that works, then your process to update the template is correct and you should be good to go with added the custom field and make sure you're using the correct field ID.
Hi Christian
No, it doesn't work for me. I am not sure whether it works for 4.1
At the bottom of your attached link, I have already posted a question about documentation for 4.1, however, I still haven't got any response
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.