This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bamboo Cloud EOL
I have to admit, I'm dumbfounded. I don't understand why a company would discontinue a cloud application in favor of an on-premise app? It makes no sense.
However, I'm working to get my arms around what this means. Bamboo Cloud is at the heart of our contract software engineering practice; there's no way we can deliver the level of quality to our clients without a cloud-hosted build server. (We have no physical infrastructure; everything is cloud-hosted).
I reviewed the information about Bitbucket Pipelines and I'm confused as to how this will be a replacement for Bamboo Cloud. It doesn't seem clear how I can create a continuous integration server to build our Microsoft .NET web applications and .NET-based Xamarin applications.
There are details about continuous delivery but it's unclear how continuous integration will work. When I click "Features" on the Pipelines page I'm brought to the Bitbucket features page.
We have close to three years of investment into Bamboo Cloud and it forms the foundation of our many client projects. Our projects can't operate without a cloud-hosted build infrastructure.
Can someone clarify how I get from where we are today (a world-class cloud-hosted build infrastructure at a very low cost without any physical infrastructure) to an equivalent?
This is very disappointing.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave