In Jira, we came up with a workflow that requires a ticket to auto-create subtasks on transition, which is no problem with the Script Runner 'Create Subtask' post function. Now, I'm trying to auto-assign the subtasks to a specific user group or individual user in the 'Additional issue actions' box of the create subtask post function. I can't seem to get the subtask to assign to either a user or a group. Any ideas on how to do this?
Here is what I'm trying to do to assign a subtask to a specific user:
import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
user = userManager.getUserObject("user@company")
issue.setAssignee(user)
Also, am I solving this problem correctly? What we have is a list of about 15 subtasks that need to be created when the issue is transitioned to 'start progress', all of which need to be assigned to a specific user or group. If it makes more sense to do this using one groovy script that runs as a post function vs using the create subtask post function, let me know. Also, being pointed in the direction of some documentation on how to do this would be a huge help... I'm pretty new to Jira.