I notice that support.atlassian.com is using a custom home page, rather than the system dashboard. How do they do this?
https://support.atlassian.com/customer/home
Andrew
Andrew,
The plugin that is being used for a landing page - is a custom plugin that is not listed at marketplace. I am not aware of any other plugins that would deliver this functionality. However, these plugins may exist as new ones are added to Atlassian products by third party vendors.
--
Cheers, Ignat.
Hi Andrew.
Try this link to see how you can modify the default Dashboard (in this case, the dashboard will be changed for all users):
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+the+Default+Dashboard
This is an another nice writeup about building a dashboard:
https://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/09/5-steps-to-build-a-killer-dashboard/
Cheers,
Ignat.
Hi Ignat,
I am familiar with making dashboards, but the support.atlassian.com server seems to redirect from the system dashboard to the custom URL https://support.atlassian.com/customer/home which appears to be a custom page, rather than a traditional dashboard with regular dashboard gadgets.
If I go to manage dashboards and make a copy from the System Dashboard, my copy is the old regular dashboard, so I don't think this /customer/home page is a standard dashboard.
The Dashboard you see at https://support.atlassian.com/customer/home is not a typical JIRA dashboard. This is rather custom built landing page. It looks like it could be implemented in JIRA by using plugin platform. Unfortunately is not an ordinary widget you can use.
Sorry, for the wrong answer before: I was confused with providing you wrong link before as redirect does not happen for me.
Thanks.
Do you know what plugin they're using, or who/where I can ask to find this out? I've searched the marketplace but don't see anything that sounds like it would provide this.
Was afraid you'd say that. Thanks for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.