I'm having a very strange error with two images attached to a topic. The entire space containing the topic was published from a private document development space to a public space that can be accessed by anonymous users. I've done this twice in the past with no problems.
The error is this: if I'm a logged in (internal user) I can see the two images (.png files) that are attached to the page. If I'm logged out (anonymous user) I see "Unknown Attachment" where the images should appear. If I hover over those Unknown Attachment inserts, I see the filenames for the attachments (xxxxxxxx.png), and if I click on them, I see the messagae "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later."
I tried removing the images and re-uploading them, and still got the same error. I checked all the permissions on the space and topic, and they are identical to the other public versions. These are the only two attachments in the entire space with this issue. It seems like it must be a permissions problem of some sort, but I'm at loss for how to diagnose it.