Hi - I'm sure this will be a very common question but I am in an emergency situation of sorts so I have to post this question again. It surrounds performance.
I have opened JIRA today (while it worked fine yesterday) only to find that every click to any page (boards, issues, admin area) takes about a minute to render the page.
I am running a trial version of JIRA with the embedded H2 db. I have 233 issues in total and have a handful of plugins (Tempo). I am not yet at the end of my trial. I have also installed Confluence on the same server but I have stopped that as a diagnosis method.
I have checked the heap space - all fine. I have plenty of disk space on the server (it's a meaty EC2 instance that doesn't rely on tokens). Still, every page takes over 45 seconds to render.
I enabled profiling and SQL logging but the logs have not given me much. Just the below from atlassian-jira.log:
016-03-16 10:54:33,014 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.j.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] PROFILED : 0 keys (0 unique) took 0ms/0ms : NaN%
2016-03-16 10:55:00,000 Caesium-1-1 DEBUG anonymous Mail Queue Service [c.a.j.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] PROFILED : 0 keys (0 unique) took 0ms/0ms : NaN%
2016-03-16 10:55:00,000 Caesium-1-1 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.j.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] PROFILED : 0 keys (0 unique) took 0ms/0ms : NaN%
2016-03-16 10:55:32,973 Caesium-1-4 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.j.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] PROFILED : 0 keys (0 unique) took 0ms/0ms : NaN%
I can see a time gap but I have no information on why. There is nothing in the SQL log of note but I have yet to set that to TRACE log level.
The only thing I did this morning was to install the Tempo Planner and Tempo Folio plugins
Please, can anyone suggest even a next step in my investigation? I am at a loss and I am supposed to demo-ing JIRA to my company bosses in the morning in the hope they will agree to adopt it as a solution!!
Thanks