This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to create issues in multiple projects using one mail server in JIRA Core
Ask your question here...
yes, we have this set up for our Incidents. This works for all types of projects.
But the issue creation through this handler is allowed only to JIRA licensed users or also to users with a "Customers" role?
I've been struggling to figure this out, it looks like that only users with a JIRA core or JIRA application license can perform issue creation through mails..
the only workaround to this limit seems to be the use of a plugin called JETI
Everybody can create those issues, you could even set it up in a way that users without an account can use it. Creating issues can normally be done by customers so this is no exception.
I've been testing this functionality very thoroughly for users belonging to customers groups added by the default to "Customers" role.
I created a permission scheme as in image below (for create issues, add comments to issues)attachment1.PNG
the test user in the customer group has no application access (coz we don't want our customers to use JIRA licences) as in the image belowattachment2.PNG
However when testing the handler I get always the same message
attachment5.PNG
The handler was configured this way
attachment4.PNG
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.