Hi,
We're currently running SVN, FishEye, Eclipse and JIRA on a Windows platform. We are planning to run everything on a Linux platform. I know I asked questions yesterday regarding upgrades but I needed to clarify that in addition to upgrading these tools, is there anything we need to be aware of that might be 'gotchas' before we migrate to Linux?
Our current plan as of today's meeting is to:
1. Make a copy of our current VM that is hosting all our current CM tools and from there perform an upgrade of JIRA in our test environment.
2. One assumption that was made at today's meeting is that by upgrading JIRA that we won't have to add another pre-commit hook since we already have that in place with our current JIRA and SVN. Is that true?
3. Once we have successfully upgraded JIRA and integrated with our current Windows SVN then our next step was going to be to migrate this to the later SVN version that would be running on Linux.
4. I don't suppose it's possible that our current JIRA instance could be pointed to more than 1 SVN repository where one is in Windows and the other SVN is on Linx? That was a question that came up today too. The reason it came up is that we are providing O&M and our code is in our current SVN that's on Windows but our new development work was to go in to a later version of SVN that's on Linux..
Thanks in advance for your help!
Melissa