Hello,
What should be the syntax to inherit multiple custom field values from parent Task using quick subtasks add-on?
Can you someone share a sample?
Thank you
@raghav.bhatlapenumerthi@innovapptive.com You need to wait until release 4.0 of the plugin is published on the marketplace. Then you may inherit multiple custom fields using this syntax:
- Summary / cfield:"fieldname1:@inherit" cfield:"fieldname2:@inherit"
For more detailed information, please feel free to have a look at the dedicated feature request in the project's issue tracker here:
https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issues/39/inherit-custom-fields-from-parent-issue
Cheers
Micha
Hi Micha, Will that be a paid plugin or just an update that works on top of the existing quick sub tasks plugin? Thanks Raghav
@raghav.bhatlapenumerthi@innovapptive.com It's an update of my existing quick subtasks plugin and like all of my plugins it will be for free!
Thanks! and when is that update going to be available for users like us?
Hi Micha,
This syntax worked: - Summary / cfield:"fieldname1:@inherit" cfield:"fieldname2:@inherit"
- Summary / cfield:
"fieldname1:@inherit"
cfield:
"fieldname2:@inherit"
However, a custom field of type: select from drop down doesn't inherit the value from parent.
Secondly, a field of type: label type text entered in the field is also not inherited.
Field names are like this, should we add something to the spaces in between?
Deployment Type
Customer build Version
Please explain.
Thank you!
Raghav
Hi Raghav,
please feel free to have a look at the documentation for a full description of the valid syntax as well as the custom field types that are currently supported:
https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home#markdown-header-custom-fields
Any way to get it done in JIRA v6.4.12?
I require some help I am using JIRA 7.2.1 and I want to know that how to write following query in create multiple sub tasks section popup . I have tried and I ended up doing following but still it is not working ..
Summary / cfield:"Owner:\"id\"" / cfield:"Due Date/Time:\"2014-12-24 22:30\"" /
do you have anyword around behind this for the fields which needs text(string) fromats.
Hi Jatin,
what a subtask do you want to create?
An issue's due-date is no custom-field and you may set it via duedate:"date" as documented here: https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home#markdown-header-due-date
A complete overview of the supported syntax can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home
A valid subtask template might be something like this:
- Summary / assignee:"admin" duedate:"2014-12-24"
Thanks for the help and documentatations shared.
As I am aware of "duedate" and "assignee" fields that how to use them but here what I posted above is something new requirement.
Because Owner and Due Date/Time are 2 custom fields which are running if I use following syntax which is mentioned in documentation you have shared -->
- Summary / cfield:"Owner:@inherit" / cfield:"Due Date/Time:"@inherit" /
but the above syntax is just for inheriting the values from parent task for the mentioned fields and I want the syntax having dynamic values that can be change like following -->
- Summary / cfield:"Owner:jatin.pagnis" / cfield:"Due Date/Time:"2014-12-24 22:30" /
but this syntax is not working. any help will be much appreciated ... I am stuck in this ..
it's important to know that due to the complexity of custom fields, only a subset of custom-field-types is supported for inheriting their values or haven their values assigned.
https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home?_ga=2.67377617.1319070921.1496313114-822622519.1365073294#markdown-header-custom-fields-assigning
At the this moment, these are (for assignment):
The following types may be inherited:
If you need more detailed information about what's going on and you have access to your JIRA's log files, you may increase the log level as documented here: https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home?_ga=2.67377617.1319070921.1496313114-822622519.1365073294#markdown-header-debugging-and-logging
Also if you need to address one of JIRA's custom-field-types that are currently not supported or you think you have found a bug, please feel free to file a feature/bug-request in the project's issue tracker here: https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issues
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.