Hello,
I have finally linked a file on my company network and am able to open the file in Excel but the process of having to:
Right click on the link,
Select "Open Link in Local Context",
In "New Window",
Is a process I would have to explain on every page I have a link because my end users will not know this is how to open a linked file through the browser. I have to many to teach and most would not get it no matter how many times I explained it.
Is there a way to create a macro or alternate method of launching the link with one left hand click (a button)?
This is the text that worked for me in FireFox 22.0 but not Windows Explorer 7.0:
In Confluence Insert Link and...
[myfile.xls|file:///Y:/QA/shared/myfile.xls]
where myfile = the name of my excel file
Y = my mapped network drive
I have no idea what the symbol is after the [myfile.xls?...] and for some reason a new firefox window opens along with Excel.
I installed the addon LocalLink 0.5 but have no idea if that helped me or if it took me 20 forums to discover the correct syntax.
Thanks for any help,
Tim