I'm totally lost--I might just need a pointer to relevant docs, because I can't find anything. Totally new to Jira and related products.
I've been given the task (and I'm not even sure I have all this right, so if something doesn't make sense please tell me) to fix a bug where when a ticket type is created as task but moved to an incident, the extended reporter information disappears. I'm not even sure where to begin this. I figured it would have something to do with the Script Runner/Script Console, but I can't even get a basic script to run. I tried selecting python (jython, version: 2.7.0, registered extensions: [py]) as the script engine and running the script:
def test():
print 'this is a test'
return 'test value'
test()
And I get `Result: no return value` which is odd, and the print statement gives nothing, which is not odd as I have no idea where I should be looking to see the print statement.
Any help with any or all of these issues would be greatly appreciated